Monday, September 26, 2011

Books!

Long time since any sort of book update.  Here's what I'm getting into this semester (thus far).

This is my Virginia Woolf stuff for my independent study.  Criticisms, biography, and my two novels of choice (The Voyage Out and A Room Of One's Own).  I wrote the first six pages the other day, progress has been made!
These are the books for my other classes, Political Science and Homer/Virgil.  UnSpun is a really interesting read, especially as our Nation heads into another election.  The book breaks down real political rhetoric used in past elections and demonstrates how both sides manipulated "facts" to present what the want.  Ultimately, the book is making me realize that I need to broaden my political scope, and possibly even entertain ideas that the other side presents, as tough as that might be.

The Iliad is a classic, but this is the third time I've read it for school.  I'd like to read something new.  But it's still thought provoking; in class today I realized that Kanye West is a modern day Achilles.  It's quite a rant, but if you're interested ask me about the comparison in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment