Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sk8er 4 Lyfe: Man-Spider

Woke up and went to skate Commerce City park solo.  None of my friends like to do things before 12 p.m.
There is some really cool graffiti there.
Working on anarchy... we'll get there.
Then I went and got my hair trimmed up.  Natalie was there.
After that I headed to The Shop to meet up with Joey and Tony.
Luke came by and dropped two completes off for my project with the kids at Grace Apartments.  But more on that later... Thanks again Luke!
Joey, Tony, and I went to Which Wich.  It was my first time, quite enjoyable.  But sometimes options can be overwhelming.
Tony's so senile he doesn't know how to flip the bird anymore.
This spot... things got weird here.
First, Tony broke my heelflips down.  Basically, if your any part of your laces pass the edge of your board, your toe is hanging off too much, and Tony doesn't like your heelflips.  Switch or regular, he hates them.  Keep in mind, he can't heelflip.  But when he tries, he makes sure that his toe isn't hanging off too much.  Thanks for the advice old guy.
Joey working on his heelflips after facing harsh criticism.
Then, our new homie Sage showed up.  The first thing he did, before we met him, was yell at Joey, "Watch out!"  I knew we'd become friends after that.   Sage asked Tony, Joey, and I to ride for his team, Man-Spider skateboards.  Tony said that Joey can't because he rides for Chocolate, to which Sage replied, "Never heard of it".  Awesome.
Sage had some math homework to do, so we helped him out.  We also taught him to stop pushing mongo. See that cell phone on the table?  I took it away so that he would learn how to actually multiply, divide, add, and subtract.  Kids these days....
Here's a photo Tony took of me breaking some math down.
Then we went to these throwback ledges, where I fell really hard.
Man-Spider represent!

No comments:

Post a Comment