Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

I know everybody runs the "Best of 2011" type stuff, but I had a really great year, and I'd like to reminisce on it.

Highlight reel:
Going to Washington DC with my 9to5 internship
Tagging along on a bit of the Mystery Color Theory Tour
Working two jobs for a short period... I know there's people who work two, three, or four jobs, but for me the experience of working two was stressful and rewarding.  I'm glad I did it.

Going to Washington DC again with my family.
Going to San Diego.  Definitely didn't work out like I expected, and I probably left too early, but it was a good learning experience, I met some great people, and I'm glad I went.
Little day trips to Pueblo and Greeley with the homies.
Getting a bunch of boards together for the kids at Mercy House and teaching them how to skate (with Joey and Paul's help of course).  Also tutoring at Mercy House, for giving me perspective on life and introducing me to some great humans.
Wrapping up my toughest semester of college.

Finishing and premiering The Denver Shop video "Stakes Is High"

Top 5 Books for 2011 (to be clear, these are books that I read in 2011, not books that came out in 2011.  For the most part, I don't read a lot of contemporary literature, but I'm working on branching out):

-Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

-The Omnivore's Dilema by Michael Pollan

-The Waves by Virginia Woolf

-Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

-Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf

As for 2012, I'm looking forward to graduating college, skating more and more, and possibly moving.  We'll see where life takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment