Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wisconsin for Christmas

I went to Wisconsin for Christmas with my family.  We stayed at my Uncle's lodge, had a whole room to myself. 
Breakfast at The Lodge.
My Uncle Aaron making breakfast for us all.  Thanks!
Here's the first book I read on the trip.  It's really a really insightful first-person exploration into what it's like to be perceived as crazy and the stigma that surrounds mental disorders. Definitely worth reading.  It's also interesting to see how much treatment has developed/not changed at all since its publication in the 1970's.  
A fridge full of beverages.  Mexican Coke!
On the way to my grandparent's farm we stopped at Miller'c Cheese House.  It's a Wisconsin staple.
Political sentiment outside the cheese house: "Don't tread on me" and "Re-elect no one"
Hanging out at The Farm.
Dogs!  Gizmo and KC.
My sister and I are terrible cooks/bakers.  But here's Megan attempting to make some doughnuts.
Success.
Family portraits in front of the tree.
Desserts and cookies!
My Mom's birthday is on Christmas, so we sung her "happy birthday" and she got a cake.
Here's Gizmo.
And KC.
Day 2.  Finished "The Looney-Bin Trip", started "The Alchemist".  I picked this one up on recommendation, didn't know it would have such heavy religious connotations, but the message is simple and good: follow your dreams, even if it's scary and there are obstacles, and things will work out. Not sure how much I believe in that for myself but it's nice to read about.
My sister got me a Justin Bieber toothbrush for Christmas.  Thanks a heap.
Gizmo got some pj's.
Cute!
BB gun shooting.
Nailing soda cans left and right.
Then I went inside and watched "A Christmas Story", pretty ironic after playing with a BB gun.
Lots of family.
Then pool back at The Lodge.
Always nice to get together over the holidays, but definitely psyched to be home.  The premier is tomorrow, New Years, maybe a California trip early January... time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment