Sunday, October 30, 2011

Food, Skating, Party

On Saturday I went to the People's Food Justice Summit held at Kepner Middle School in the Westwood neighborhood of Denver.  I went to learn about what organizations and communities are doing about food inequalities in Denver, because I am doing one of my independent studies on food deserts in our city.  The summit was really informative, I got a lot out of it.
At all the food events I've been to, there is always amazing food.  These people really practice what they preach and make what they love, delicious and healthy food.  I had a breakfast burrito, strawberries, apples, yogurt with granola and blueberries, and orange juice.
This is a picture of the breakout session held by Denver Urban Gardens.  They have nearly 120 gardens in the Denver-Metro area, promote farmers markets, and teach children how to grow and eat well.  Some of the people in my group attend Fairview Elementary, where they have a farmers market selling food they grow at the school.  So cool!
After I handled my academic work for the day, I had to go to Denver Park.  Still the best place ever.
Met up with these two at this abandoned mini-golf course.
I filmed Shardy nail it.
Then onto this spot.  I really hate how short the days are getting, it makes it so hard to skate more than two spots in a day.  I'm going to start skating at 8 or 9 a.m. just to make the days count.
Dinner.
I came home after skating and arrived to find a surprise. Ryan Lovell sent me a package all the way from Kansas City!
I got an Escapist shirt, some budget whiskey that was half drank, a dollar bill, a tech-deck, and other random stuff.  I'm really excited to go out and film in this shirt.
Then I went to a Halloween party.  No, I didn't dress up.  Mason did though.  Eazy-E.
Keith was Wayne.  He is also holding the cutest puppy ever.  Thanks for hosting again Keith.
 Tyler was a cat-burglar.
Omar was the karate-kid.
Mike as Bob Dylan.
Ryan and Steph as dead people (?)
Natalie as a tootsie-roll, Joey as himself wearing a sombrero.

No comments:

Post a Comment