Saturday, October 29, 2011

Broken Hands and Vomit

I had a my last midterm Friday morning, so I celebrated by getting a really good meal at Vitamin Cottage.  Vegan enchiladas and kombucha.  
After lunch I met up with Ryan at Denver Park.
He was killing it!
The Greer's showed up too.
We checked out this spot.  There's a couple options here.  It's always fun to at least try to skate new things.  It gets pretty hard when you skate the same city all the time, but there is definitely stuff around if you're willing to look and try.
Classic spot, although this day is for sure my most memorable moment here.  Justin was trying a trick on the hip, and after trying it for a bit he had a meltdown, throwing his board and screaming.  We've all been there, but this time was particularly interesting because he chose to punch a concrete pillar at the spot.  He broke his hand, and was immediately in pain, and definitely couldn't skate anymore...
He begins walking away from the hip, and starts throwing up everywhere!  Here's proof!
He laid down after a while, lit up a cigarette and some of the devil's lettuce, and was feeling a bit better.  Lesson learned the hard way J-Greer.  But definitely a new classic story.
After that I went to The Shop.  Tony and Whitney hard at editing.
While they were doing stuff, I looked at the new Thrasher.  Such a good one!
David has a new ad.
Grant Taylor kills it!  Skating the middle of a rail!? Wow.
This photo is insane.  I didn't really get it until I read the caption.  He gaps out past that curb.  He must have been going so fast to clear that distance.  So good!
Tony updated his iPhone and was freaking out that he lost his Angry Birds app.  Old people should not use technology.
Then I caught dinner with Whitney, Paul, and Alex.  The dinner conversation was hilarious.
Also, rumor is The Denver Shop has a semi-locked down premier date of December 29th at The Mayan.  3 years in the making, I'm very excited about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment