Sunday, June 26, 2011

Murphys In D.C. - Day 2

Victims of Communism statue. 
What about a McCarthyism memorial, or a capitalism memorial?  Not in America!
Breakfast.
The Metro, definitely the best thing about D.C.
So sick riding trains everywhere.
We went to the Pentagon.  Rules are made to be broken.
The Pentagon Memorial is pretty sad.
A guy died at the Pentagon on September 11th with the exact same name as my dad (Patrick J Murphy). Weird.
The memorial.
 After that it was on to Arlington Cemetery.  I have mixed feelings about this place because I am not extremely pro-military, but I do respect those who have enrolled in the armed services for our country and have passed on.  Either way, I went there, for what that's worth.
Buy tickets to see graves.  Not weird at all.
Perfect rail and ledge I would skate in a post-apocalyptic world where there weren't a million people to stop me.
Dead Kennedys.
Wow.
Kennedy's graves.
Changing of the guard.
The view from the top of Arlington.
After going to Arlington, we went to this restaurant.
 Veggie burger.
 Cherry pie.
Rent is super cheap in D.C.  $1,600 studios!?
 Then we ran into this super cute corgie.

No comments:

Post a Comment