Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Washington D.C. Day 2

I woke up to an exquisite breakfast.  Cranberry, grapefruit, and orange juice!
 Lots of fruit too.
 Here's what a picked out.
If you look at 9:15, I had to MC a panel.  It went fairly well for the most part. 
 After conferencing we got a great lunch too.  I didn't have to spend any money on food the whole trip, it was amazing.
 Long line of food.
 I took mine out to the patio and enjoyed a sunny day.
 After lunch we had a presentation on our organizing model, and how to be better leaders/organizers.  I learned a lot here.
 Between the presentation on organizing and dinner, I walked around our hotel area and checked some stuff out.  These obstacles would be super fun to skate.
 Metal ledges.
 D.C. has a bike-share program similar to Denver's.  I didn't try it out but it's something every city should have, regardless of Dan Maes opinions on their communist agenda.
 Really fun wallride potential here.
 Baby pyramids with marble on top.  I really should have brought my board.
 Cool water fountain thing.
 These public workout stations made me think of this.
 After exploring, it was on to dinner and awards.
 Cheesecake!
 I received an award, which was quite an honor.  Thanks everyone!
 A couple of us decided to see the town after dinner.  Washington D.C. has this great Metro program, which consists of busses, underground trains, etc.  The fare is very affordable as well.
 Here's the train.
 Where we got off features the hugest escalator I had ever ridden.  This photo really doesn't do it justice.
 These photos, that aren't mine, highlight the covered half and the uncovered half of the escalator.  Put them together and you have the whole thing.
I ordered a whiskey coke at an Irish bar that was playing Billy Joel and Radiohead.  Pretty weird.
 After that, we went to Grand Central, which was my first loud dance club experience.
 Quite the bro-ish crowd.
 If you politely ask drunk people if you can take their photo, and act like you think they are cool, they always say yes.  I don't know why this guy had that sign, but his vest and sunglasses at night combo says enough.
 Flip-flops, khaki shorts, and that sweater. Wow.
 These girls, and that one guy, were just really excited to be alive.  I don't really remember why I took this photo.
 I asked the D.J. if he took requests, and he said, "I don't take requests, I consider them".  After I told him I wanted this song, he changed his mind real quick and played it for me.
 Who wears these?  And especially, who wears them out?  Yikes.
 Sash at the club.  Nice.
Thus concluded my night out.  I most definitely won't be going out to loud dance places often, but it was pretty fun for the most part.

I got back to the hotel in time to catch the ending of Sherlock Holmes.

1 comment: